Monday, March 23, 2009

Logan, OH


This past weekend Jon and I went an hour south to the Hocking Hills area, located in Logan, Ohio. I'm not really into camping, well that's not true, I hate camping, but staying in cabins I can do.
So, Jon took me down for a belated Valentines gift and in celebration of the end of my first quarter of school.

Our cabin was located atop a large hill accessible only by a long gravel drive, that we soon discovered was only able to be climbed by driving Yaris at full speed, with a "running start", as not to get stuck in holes.

The cabin itself was situated on its own 30 acres of land.

Everything is still dead here in the Midwest, so it looked like the set of a horror movie. Fantastic!

Jon immediately made himself comfortable on the porch.

The kitchen was very rustic. There weren't even cabinet doors. Like early settlers!

There also wasn't a television.

Or a shower! We were definitely roughing it.

There also weren't walls anywhere. Not even the bathroom. Jon brought up a good point, no walls around the toilet means the whole place is like a giant bathroom. Eva was all for this idea.

Don't flush your condoms, please.

Myspace photo!

The next morning we went hiking.

And I did the robot in the parking lot.

5'10 is really tall, Jon.




Naturally occurring rock stairs!

I said this reminded me of Fraggle Rock. Jon didn't agree.

So I made some jab about how he probably couldn't watch it because he was raised Baptist.

He said no, it was because he thought it was stupid.

I think I'm funny.

After a morning of refreshing outdoor activity, we headed to historic downtown Logan to stop at Walmart, the only grocery store, for some supplies to make dinner. We made a pit stop at The Olde Dutch Resturant and Banquet House for lunch. It was the scariest, most depressing place I've ever been in my life. I was too terrified to take pictures, or move even. The place was packed with small town, overweight Christians. Church must have just let out. I couldn't have felt more out of place if I had been wearing nothing but a hot pink thong (so luckily I kept my pants on). Needless to say, we sat very still and ate very fast.

After our midday scare, we were off to the spa for massages.

Piggy and Eddy decieded to stay at the cabin to play Little House on the Prairie.

That night we watched the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (So much better than the Matthew McConaughey one). We didn't have any run-ins with any bears or any scary woodland creatures. Although, while we were sleeping, a wild mouse ate the white chocolate out of this box of chocolates we had, which was fine with me. I hate white chocolate anyways.

Going into the wilderness is fun. Being gay in a small town, scary.

Back to Columbus!

2 comments:

Nick Kusner said...

This was a fun read. You should write children's books but for adults.

Turista Libre said...

Ding dong!

Oh! I wonder who knows I'm vacationing here at the Inn at Cedar Falls?

Am I late?

You!

Surprised?

How did you find me?

I have my ways.